Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dance Recital

Today was the dance recital for the girls. During parts of it I was laughing so hard I almost cried -- you'll see what I mean when you watch the video. The girls got a bit confused on stage - especially Tallie. They LOVED putting on their pretty dresses and wearing makeup. They are true girls. And I was feeling pretty proud of myself for doing their hair -- last year I didn't have a clue how to do Tallie's in a bun. It's one of those mom things I'm just supposed to know how to do :)


They looked nervous when we arrived and held hands as they walked in. How cute!!







Their teacher chose the song "Sisters" for Tallie because she new she was getting a new sister this year. In the video Tallie's the one walking around looking lost.



The girls both fell asleep on the way home -- it was a long afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! It looked like Tallie just wanted to be by her sister. Valencia is quite the performer.. such a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta love those "mom" moments! :) Valencia looks perfectly at ease on stage, and she is a beautiful little dancer! Someday years from now, Tallie will be able to laugh at that little video. Until then, keep the compliments coming and let her continue performing at home til her stage fright gets better. :) :) They do make lovely sisters!

    ReplyDelete