Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Haitian bags for sale!

In May Jared had a work event that I took advantage of to raise money for Haiti. As part of my fundraiser I ordered some Haitian made bags to sell. It's through a program that teaches women to sew, which enables them to take care of their families and feed their children. The women begin in a literacy class and when they've completed it they move onto the sewing class. As part of the program they sew bags that you can purchase.

After the earthquake there was a lot of interest in the bags and the batch that I ordered for the event just showed up, so now I'm trying to find homes for them. I've contacted all the local people I know, so I'm now posting pictures of them here so you can browse and decide which one you want. I still haven't decided which one (or two or three!) I want -- they're really neat bags. I took the pictures so you can see how big/small they are. They all have an inside pocket - some have 2 or 3 pockets inside.

You will write a check to: Heartline Ministries

You can learn more about this sewing program at: www.haitiancreations.com

Have fun shopping!



Bag#1 - $30 SOLD


Bag#2 - $40


Bag#3 - $25 SOLD


Bag#4 - $30


Bag#5 - Coconut - burlap - $40


Bag#6 - Jess - $30


Bag#7 - Square - $20 SOLD


Bag#8 - Cafe - burlap - $30 SOLD


Bag#9 - Feed - $25 SOLD


Bag#10 - $25 SOLD


Bag#11 - Coconut - $40


Bag#12 - burlap - $40 SOLD


Bag#13 - Sheila - $35 SOLD


Bag#14 - $30


Bag#15 - Chelsey - burlap - $40


Bag#16 - Chelsea - burlap - $40


Bag#17 - Agathe - $30 SOLD


Bag#18 - Tie - $20 SOLD


Bag#19 - $35

2 comments:

  1. Love the bags! I will post a link to the bags, too. :) Can't wait to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are bags 15 & 16 still available? Please email me at larmar31@aol.com . Thank you.

    ReplyDelete