Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Valencia update

I just received an email that Valencia's file was signed! We needed the signature of the President of Haiti because they were no longer accepting families with biological kids, so to be accepted we needed special approval. Our agency met with President Preval last week and requested his special attention to our file and he actually signed it. HURRAY!!!!

I don't know what the average time frame is now - my guess is 8 months, but at least we're making some progress.

Jared wasn't home to tell the good news to so I told the only other person around, Tallie. She got an excited look on her face and said, "Can I have a cupcake?" I guess she doesn't really get what's going on.

10 comments:

  1. Yea! That's sooooo exciting! Blessings are just pouring out to your family...probably because you gave us those bagels :) Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news!!! I sure hope you don't have to wait to much longer.

    I can't believe how big your kids are getting and they are so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! SO happy for you guys to FINALLY have some movement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah - I'm so glad things are still moving forward. Talk about good things coming to those who wait, you will all be so blessed to finally have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very exciting!!!! Perfect timing for you to get used to your new babe and then when things settle down you can have another new babe... but a little older one! That's way cool! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey TAB...L.. So glad I decided to get on Facebook and explore.. I am so happy for you.. so many exciting things, so many blessings! I love that Tallie has your dimple :) And how did you miss out on a gargantuan preggo butt? That's usually how I knew I was preggers for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations and all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We thought she was gonna be in college before we ever got to meet her!!! She'll be here before you know it!!
    --Terry & Mark

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teresa, Melissa gave me your blog address...I am so happy your file is moving, I LOVE Valencia!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you guys have a blog!!! And we were even more excited to hear about Valencia. That is so exciting. We love you and miss you! It was so good to talk to you guys today. Give Tallie and Beckett a hug from their Uncle Brady and Aunt Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete