Monday, May 11, 2009

Dance Recital & Beckett's Blessing

We had a busy weekend with Tallie's first dance recital (dress rehearsal on Friday and recital on Saturday) and Beckett's blessing on Sunday. We also had Jared's parents visiting us, which meant we worked on house projects. Jared and his dad worked on the kitchen trimming in the windows, adding baseboard, and putting molding around the top of the cabinets, and Connie and I planted flowers in the garden.

Beckett's white suit was the cutest thing ever. I think he might just have to wear it every Sunday, even if it is a little weird - it's just too cute to wear once.


On an earlier post I had said that I thought my kid would be the one to cry on stage during her performance - well, I know my kid pretty well :) On Friday for the dress rehearsal Tallie was very nervous and ran off stage crying about 2 seconds after going on stage. But after her class we stayed and watched all the other groups do their dances and she thought that was a lot of fun to watch - which made her more interested in doing it herself. Friday night before bed she told me she wasn't going to cry on Saturday and she was going to do her dance. All day Saturday she was excited to dance, but as the girls lined up behind stage, she became nervous and grabbed onto my leg and didn't want to go out. Right then it was time for her group to go out, so I pushed her back in line and the sent the girls out and she stayed and danced!! I was so excited that she did it, and she did a great job. I'll have to post a clip later.




I had to include this picture of Tallie. She's REALLY been into her stuffed animals lately and they ALL have to sleep on her bed with her. I went into check on her one night and this is what I found - she barely had room for herself.

4 comments:

  1. Your kids are adorable! Way to go Tallie for sticking it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I know my girls probably would have stood on stage and pouted.. she looks a lot like my oldest, buried by her bed buddies. I love the little suit! Who cares if anyone thinks it's weird that he wear it every Sunday ;) You are such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute kids Teresa! I think Tallie is by far the cutest girl in her dance group. And I love the dance costumes! I agree with you too that Beckett should wear his little suit every Sunday. He looks like such a stud!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I blog stock you. I was laughing so hard at the picture of Tallie with her animals. Mostly because sometimes Daniel insists on sleeping with his trucks.

    ReplyDelete